HEATHER COOPER and her family are proud residents of Evesham Township. Heather is married with two sons, ages 11 and 7. A Burlington County resident for most of her life, Heather, like many other residents, chose Marlton as the community in which to raise her children.
For more than 20 years Heather has worked in the field of Human Services on behalf of people who experience disabilities. She is currently a Resource and Development Director for a local nonprofit organization, where she advocates by promoting relationship-building and community partnerships.
In addition to work and motherhood, Heather recently completed her Executive-level Master’s degree in Public Administration from Rutgers University. She is a member of various civic advisory boards and committees, with which she shares her knowledge about the legislative process on the State and Local levels.
Heather balances family, work, and education with a strong desire to give back to her community. She is a Board member of her Homeowners’ Association, her church, and other civic organizations. Since 1999, she has served as an advocate for individuals with disabilities and unique needs within the public school system and beyond, assisting individuals in transitioning from school to adult life. An avid yoga practitioner for two decades, she spends her free time sharing this passion with children and adults of all abilities.
Experience & Education
- Currently the Resource & Development Director for a nonprofit organization
- Recently received her Executive Masters Degree in Public Administration from Rutgers University, Center for Executive Leadership in Government.
- Former Director of Program Operations for Brett DiNovi & Associates, LLC, in 40+ New Jersey school districts for individuals with special needs
- Former Program Operations Manager, Staffing Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, and Clinical Behavioral Therapist at Bancroft NeuroHealth
- Red Cross CPR & First Aid Instructor (2008)
- Registered Yoga Instructor, RYT 400 hours
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from Thomas Edison State University
- PTO member for Elementary school in Evesham Township
- Advocate for individuals with learning disabilities in public school systems
- Board Member of The Meadows Homeowners Association
- Board Member of Hope United Methodist Church